As I previously announced, my next book, “Best Practices Are Stupid: 40 Ways to Out-Innovate the Competition,” will be published by Penguin’s Portfolio imprint on September 29, 2011. For those of you who have not seen it, here is the cover:
Although the cover may change slightly, this is pretty close to the final version.
This book contains 40 bite-sized tips and tricks for creating a culture of innovation.
Most are quite counterintuitive or irreverent. For example:
- Asking for Ideas is a Bad Idea
- Don’t Think Outside the Box; Find a Better Box
- The Difference Between a Pipeline and a Sewer is What Flows Through It
- You Get What you Measure, But Will You Get What You Want?
- Hire People You Don’t Like
And 35 other unconventional ways to make your organizations a nimble, innovation machine.