Coming June 1, 2008
I just heard from the lawyers this morning, and they gave me the green light to tell everyone about our newest product – “Personality Poker (TM).” We applied for both a trademark (hence the TM used everywhere) and a Provisional Patent.
What is Personality Poker (TM)?
It is a fast-paced, highly interactive game that helps employees (and individuals) understand how they contribute to – and detract from – the innovation process.
How do you play?
All participants trade 52 specially designed poker cards with each other. The objective is to get a perfect hand that reveals your preferred innovation style and how you can best contribute to the success of your organization.
This game will help you discover…
- why the person you like the least may be the person you need the most
- how your innovation strength may ultimately limit your success
- how to get the right people in the right roles – and where you may currently be misaligned
- a common mistake that people make when selling to others – and how you can easily correct it
- how others see you – and how that might be different than how you see yourself
- if you work personality is different than your “home” personality – and why you should care
- why certain leadership styles are more likely fail…and what you can do about it
- how to improve your relationships – both professionally and personally
If you want to have 24/7 Innovation, where innovation is part of your organization’s DNA, then it’s not about finding your strengths, it’s about finding how your strengths work best with your team.
Remember, the person you like the least is the person you need the most.
About the Cards
These high quality cards are made by the same company that manufacturers playing cards for Las Vegas casinos.
In addition to the cards, an instructor’s manual will hep you play the game and interpret the results. More in depth support materials such as audio and video will also be available for purchase.
Licensing opportunities may be available.
Innovation Speeches Using the Cards
Stephen Shapiro is also available to deliver Personality Poker (TM) as a speech for your organization. He can provide in depth insights into the innovation process and the innovation personalities. He has delivered Personality Poker (TM) to audiences ranging from 15 people to 300 people. This is a great, high-energy session to kick off your next event. It can be combined with Stephen’s other speech topics.
We will let you know when the product is officially available.