Today’s Friday Fun Fact…
We all have knowledge that has allowed us to excel in different areas of our life. But as I had discussed in my Monday Morning Movie, sometimes this knowledge can be the very thing that gets in the way of our success.
But if managed properly, intelligence can be leverage to catapult some pretty astounding careers. Here are some interesting facts regarding some well-known individuals who have IQs that exceed that of genius level. According to Business Insider and Listverse:
- Microsoft co-founder, Paul Allen, allegedly obtained a perfect 1600 on the pre-1995 SAT, surpassing Bill Gates by 10 points. And he supposedly has an IQ of 160.
- Actor, James Woods, who attended MIT on a full scholarship, achieved a perfect 800 on the verbal and 779 on the math portions of the pre-1995 SAT. He opted to leave MIT early to pursue his acting career.
- Actress and model, Sharon Stone has been reported as having an IQ of 154. As an ironic side note, she described herself as “a nerdy, ugly duckling,” in her online biography at Penn State University Library.
- Asia Carrerra, who has starred in over 250 hardcore adult movies, has an IQ of 156 and played piano at Carnegy Hall at age 13.
- Director, Qunetin Tarantino has been tested as having a 160 IQ and actor Steve Martin, 142.
- Jodie Foster graduated valedictorian of her high school and Magna Cum Laude from Yale. She reportedly boasts an impressive 132 IQ.
- Lesser known, but not any less impressive, is 13 year old Jake Barnett. At age 3 he visited a planetarium with his parents and responded correctly to a question about the gravitational pull of Mars upon its moons. He has a verified IQ of 170.
- While never having obtained fame, one of the highest IQs ever recorded, was that of psychiatrist William James Sidis. He started his studies at Harvard University at the age of 11, and was fluent in more than 40 languages by the time he graduated. His IQ has been reported at the astounding level of 275.