I was recently interviewed for the National Speakers Association’s “Voices of Experience” CD.
Each month, experts are interviewed about topics relevant to the speaking industry.
For the September 2014 issue, I was asked to talk about innovation and professional speaking.
In this 6 minute minute interview, I discuss why:
- we need to differentiate ourselves as speakers – and how to use this to focus our investments
- expertise is the enemy of innovation – and how we can overcome the resulting blindspots
- opposites actually detract – and what this means for innovation
You have three options for listening to this interview:
- Listen to the audio (streaming):
- Download the audio (mp3)
- Listen to this – and many more interviews – on NSA’s Voices of Experience app – it’s free.
A transcription of this interview will be posted next week.
If you want to learn more about the National Speakers Association, visit their website.