In this week’s episode, I am joined by my guest Dan Kaus. Together we tackle the problem: “How can we find time for innovation?”
Dan has innovation experience with a wide range of companies and industries, including Accenture, BP, Campbell’s Soup, and many others.
Dan shared some of this thoughts on this, including:
- Try to integrate innovation into daily work rather than keeping is separate
- Simplify innovation so there is less confusion
- Ensure implementation of high-value ideas
We also explored how using the Invisible Solutions lenses can provide some new insights into this problem. In particular, we used:
- #1: LEVERAGE – What is the part of the innovation process that will have the greater impact? Where is there currently the biggest bottleneck?
- #2: DECONSTRUCT – What are the steps of the innovation process and where should we focus?
- #3: REDUCE – How can we simply the innovation process by reducing steps, ambiguity, or ideas to implement?
- #7: RESULT – Why do we care about innovation? What’s the ultimate goal?
- #12: REASSIGN – How can we leverage outside resources to help us make innovation a reality?
It was a fascinating conversation that I know you will find valuable!
You can connect with Dan on LinkedIn at www.DanKaus.com
To download the lenses, go to www.GetTheLenses.com