What if instead of thinking outside the box, you want to find a better box?
This is Chapter 4 from Best Practices are Stupid.
We explore the power of Challenge-Centered Innovation (CCI)and why it leads to higher ROI than idea-driven innovation.
In this episode, we explore
- Einstein’s perspective on innovation (hint: the problem is more important than the solution)
- Hollywood’s point of view on thinking outside the box (hint: don’t)
- The advantages of Challenge-Centered Innovation
- The key things you do up-front with CCI: assign owners, sponsor, resources, funding, evaluators and evaluation criteria
- How ideas are like fishing with a net in the middle of the ocean while CCI is like targeted fishing with the right lure.
The content in this episode is crucial to my overall work and sets the stage for future chapters.